Due to the enourmous size of 3 element Yagi and the current working condition on 10/11 meter band, I decided to accept the advice of 9W2RZL and thinking of constructing a directional antenna right after I obtain the 11/10 meter rig (which is maybe around April).
Moxon antenna might suit my need as it is :
- has gain of around 5 dBi
- Compact and Light weight
- Easy to construct
- designed for 50 Ohm impedance
- Great F/B ratio, useful for blanking noise
Here is the plan for the 10 meter Moxon antenna, centered on 28.5 MHz frequency.
- A – 382.43 cm (150 1/2 inch)
- B – 57.13 cm (22 1/2 inch)
- C – 11.02 cm (4 3/8 inch)
- D – 71.06 cm (28 1/4 inch)
- E – 139.76 cm (55 inch)